вторник, 16 августа 2016 г.

When you want to bike everywhere all the time... but you are a woman!

How endlessly wonderful it is to bike through Gothenburg!
Roads are unwrapping in front of you, people are passing you by so fast that they don't have time to annoy you, separate lines for bikers *occasionally* so you may actually make it to work/home alive, rain and wind when you try to bike up a hill.
Your morning hatred to humanity disappears together with your make-up and hairdo.
Benifits EVERYWHERE!




Well, seriously, I love biking. There are two activities that make me happy: biking and swimming. The second one, unfortunately, means most of the time being trapped with too many people in too little puddle of water. The first one, on the contrary, means avoiding most of annoying encounters on your way through the city.

Lately, happily picking up some of my boyfriend's good habits *including a handy habit of "saving money like a pro" which I picked in theory but still it doesn't affect my bank account in practice* I decided that I had enough of waiting for trams/busses, paying extra money just because I HAVE to go to work *I mean, where is logic in here?* and after investing some money in my precious bike Vincent aka Vinni *yes, van Gogh, what did you expect* I started to bike everywhere.

And I though weather will be my biggest problem. Until this morning.
As most women on this planet I have days when my Body literally screws me over. It doesn't matter how much I care about it, tend and cherish it, it will screw me over when the hormones kick in *for some reasons I always imagine hormones as some kind of rubber bouncy balls that start to act with your slightest move*.
The best part of my "Fuck you! Sincerely yours, Body" monthly routine is what I recently discovered calls: cyclical mastalgia. Everyday term: hurting boobs. Starts with a little discomfort and then turns into "Don't touch me or I'll kill you pain". So it goes.

Did you ever realize how many holes, riffles and steps you have to pass in the city?!
Well, I didn't count them all, but sure as hell, my girls did, moving uncomfortably every time the bike hit one of these traps. So in the end I learned how to get over bumps and holes by standing up on the bike and amortizing the blows from the road in my arms *what a skill, right?*.

I can't help but think that if people who build the roads have the same kind of pain every months the roads would have been smooth and responsive as a gymnastic floor *I managed to squeeze an up-to-date Olympic reference here*




1 комментарий:

  1. Cyclical mastalgia. This is GOOD TO KNOW. Named, Im sure, after BICYCLE..... eh, mistake? Massacre? ;D And this gif is also amazing.

    ОтветитьУдалить