понедельник, 17 июня 2013 г.

Oh, David Bowie

One more ear/eye/brain candy from Beat Film Festival was a movie dedicated to David Bowie.
"David Bowie: Five Years" by Francis Whately shows Bowie's transformation from Ziggy Stardust to the serious soul singer, from Thin White Duke to the Major Tom and finally to the one of the most expansive singers EMI ever sign up a contract with. First of all the movie is indeed interesting for rare documentary videos and interviews with people who followed Bowie during all these years (priceless realisation how modest is one of my heros Brain Eno). It's so full of everything that only in the end I realized that I haven't seen real, contemporary Bowie in it, only his voice and old documentaries. It has so much drive in it - from music, from Bowie personality, from incredible beat of energy that makes you feel from complitely useless creature to the happiest person living on earth. I love the feeling when you actually want to applaud in the cinema.
Yet, apart from all above, there was one amazing thing that I never knew about Bowie. His work on Broadway in "The Elephant Man".
Oh, dear! "goosebumps" (from 5'14'')


3 комментария:

  1. Haha, that is EXACTLY the appropriate reaction to this man! ;) I did not know about him in this play either - wow, he's amazing!! Well I don't know much about him at all!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. I know, I know... that's why it took me so long to write, because I felt like Grinch all the time when I was watching it ;)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. I can easily imagine that, yes, he is very expressive ;)

    ОтветитьУдалить